Writers are creative people who love to express themselves through the written word. They are constantly honing their craft, researching, and brainstorming ideas. If you have a writer or author in your life and you’re struggling to find that perfect gift, don’t worry. There are plenty of options that can make their writing journey easier, more organized, and more inspirational.
Here are some suggestions for gifts for writers:
1. A fancy journal or notebook – Every writer needs a place to jot down ideas, notes, and inspirations. Consider purchasing a journal with a unique cover or a beautiful notebook with a design that aligns with their taste or personality. A leather-bound journal or a beautiful hardcover notebook can inspire them to write beautifully crafted words poetically to their pages.
2. Writing software – Writing software has revolutionized the way writers work. Gone are the days of filling sheet of papers with handwritten notes and ideas, writing software can create outlines, structure scenes, and save any writing project from the abyss of a lost file. Scrivener is one of the best software options for writers with its ability to organize and format their writing projects with ease. Other options include Ulysses, Google Docs, Focus Writer, and more.
3. Books on writing – There are plenty of books that can help writers improve their craft. Stephen King’s On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft is a popular choice, but other books that can help writers include Natalie Goldberg’s Writing Down the Bones, Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, and Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird.
4. A fancy pen – Nothing feels better than writing with a high-quality pen. There is definitely something timeless about writing with a pen and paper. Gift your favorite writer a fancy pen such as a fountain pen or a Montblanc. It might just inspire them to dream up their next masterpiece.
5. A subscription to a writer’s magazine – There are plenty of writers’ magazines out there that can help writers with their craft, provide insights, and inspire them to write. Consider gifting them a subscription to Writer’s Digest, The Writer, or Poets & Writers.
6. Noise-cancelling headphones to block out the world – Writers work in silence, or sometimes they might need music to help them focus. Noise-cancelling headphones can help them tune out distractions when they need to concentrate on the task at hand.
7. A bookshelf – Writers should have a bookshelf filled with all their favorite books, including the ones that inspired them to pursue writing. Gift them a bookshelf or a bookend that goes with their décor aesthetics.
In conclusion, finding meaningful gifts for writers isn’t that difficult if you know where to look. Look for gifts that will remind them of your support and help them with the writing process. Whether it’s a fancy journal or notebook, a writing software, books on writing, a fancy pen, a writer’s magazine subscription, noise-cancelling headphones or a bookshelf, the perfect gift for writers is one that will both inspire and accompany them on their writing journey.